10. Because we don't want to get arrested for disturbing the peace.
9. Social conditioning: Mama taught us to be polite (this is especially true for those of us who are female)
8. Because they are the customer and therefore Always Right
7. Because the fool in question happens to be an authority figure (like a cop)
6. Because our kids (or other family members) have to deal with whoeveritis, and we don't want to make things difficult for them.
5. Because we need something from them (amIright?)
4. Because we live in the same community and an ongoing fight would be unbearable.
3. Because we have to work with them
2. Because we are related to them by blood or marriage.
And the #1 reason we suffer fools:
1. Because we are too busy, too tired or otherwise couldn't be arsed to do anything about the fool.
(What? You thought this was going to be a FUN post?)